- The target stakeholders for the Public Awareness and Public Participation under this Project are as follows:
- Residents living adjacent to the Ganga River and nalas
- Residents living in the Varanasi City, with a special focus on women
- Students of schools /colleges
- Weaving community, prevention of entry of the dyeing chemicals into the water bodies both surface and underground
- Boat Men and other men related to Boating activity.
- Shop keepers/vendors adjacent to the ghat
- Pundits, Pujaris who perform rituals regularly, Shamshan Ghats (Harish Chandra Ghat, MarnkarnikaGhat)
- Beggars on the Ghats/Hotels/Ashrams/Muths
- Sanitary staff of VNN and Rag Pickers.(Kabadiwala)
- Dhobis, vehicle users, cattle washers
- Dome Community(community who works for cremation activity at Ghats)
- Pilgrims of National and international.
- Visitors for business purposes.
- Barber community in the Ghats